Information on Ramsgill, Yorkshire
Ramsgill is a tiny village in Nidderdale, on the road between Pateley Bridge and Lofthouse. It’s a collection of a few stone cottages and a church, St Mary the Virgin, built in 1843, set around an attractive Village Green. The majority of the cottages were built in the 19th century although the Byland Abbey monks had their principle grange and a small chapel here, now a listed building and in ruins in the grounds of the church. The village is famous for its pub, The Yorke Arms, an 18th century coaching house and shooting lodge, now serving as a Michelin starred restaurant with accommodation available.