Information on Carlton, Yorkshire
Carlton is a tiny village in Coverdale with a population of around 120. It’s on the road between Kettlewell and Middleham and close to the River Cover. The village was home to the “Coverdale Bard”, Henry Constantine, and an inscription has been placed in his memory above the entrance to Flatts Farm. It has a pub, the Forester’s Arms, which is owned by the villagers and a village hall. The pub dates back to the early 1800’s and is named from the Coverdale Forester’s Friendly Society, formed in 1816. Every other summer the Foresters March is still held in the village.